The Scorpios

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, August 11, 2008

Those Were the Days

1. When I would spend an afternoon playing Kaleidoscope and leave the board lying on the glass centre table without worrying about pieces going missing/ misplaced...
2. When I had the glass centre table placed in the designated place
3. When I had my prized perfumes displayed on my vanity shelf without any worry
4. When I could leave my bag lying around without worrying about the contents getting scattered all over the place
5. When we could just walk out of the house at whim
6. When we could stay out all day and eat all rubbish and not worry about reaching home on time 7. When I could read in bed all day without disturbance
8. When if I don't want, I could manage without cooking
9. When I didn't have loads and loads of clothes to forever fold and stack
10. When I did not have to worry about the little fingers trying to put dosa batter on the hot tawa just when I walk out of the kitchen for something.
11. When going to bed meant simply plonking on bed and going to dreamland.
I miss those days and wish I had made the most of them while they lasted.
But then, those were the days when-
1. There were no warm, cuddly, tiny bodies to cuddle up to.
2. There were no ready, sweet smiles and faces lighting up on seeing me
3. And I did not have the Super star status in 2 pairs of eyes.
While those days were good when they lasted, I wouldn't want to trade them with the present for anything!

7 comments:

Monika said...

Aww.so true . Besides agreeing completely with the last 1,2,3 , I ocmpletely agree with 3 & 6

Mama - Mia said...

true true!!

there is nothing you cant agree with!! :)

cheers!

abha

Anonymous said...

I am soooo with you on points 6 to 11. Yeah those were the days ... and cherish these days. Once they grow up, you will only see them asleep or on their way out given the insane hours they keep

Pinku said...

thats such a cute pic of then and now u have drawn up...

the kids are cute and very nice names too.

dipali said...

Awwwwww. So true, Itchy.

IBH said...

that is so true itchy...how have u been and the kiddos! love to them!

Shobana said...

Absolutely true!