2. Travel - atleast 1 country in each continent, Europe Managed Europe, USA
3. Try my hand at entrepreneurship- culminating the ideas I have in mind like .....*****censored**** NO
4. Write a book/ story/ publish something atleast and make money out of it YES two children's books, 1 anthology and three counting so far AND 1 Fiction and 1 non fiction.
5. Drive something other than a small car, like, err, a bigger car YES Innova OUTLANDER
6. Become an ace interior decorator for my home and change it's look from its current state of
7. Teach/atleast do guest lectures NO
8. Take a sabbatical NO. Decided that I can't
9. Highlight/ Streak my hair NO, no hair left to experiment
10. Take a holiday with my husband (yes, it is a rarity for me- only 1 so far and I am in the 5th year of my marriage) (sob) NO . And I do not mind doing it with kids,
11. Become an expert cook rather than a random, tentative, no frills cook- develop a fairly extensive repertoire of recipes and menu items (again goal not SMART enough because I really don't know how many I can do but I will know when I am fairly equipped to cross out this item from my list) NO, hired s cook! Never thought six years ago I would do that,
12. Experiment with different cuisines and continue to make them on a regular basis rather than one off kinds NO. The cook makes it
13. Visit my birth place (Scotland) NO,
14. Start celebrating festivals the way it has to be done setting a good example to the kids . NOT so much. no pressure. ON THE ROAD TO ATHEISM
15. Buy jewelry for myself (on a regular basis instead of just doing gold coins). YES. Too many
16. Start wearing sari on a regular basis to work. DONE. WEARING WEEKLY AND HAVE A GOOD COLLECTION. AND NOW BLOUSES ATE TOO BIG
17. Go to theatre/ concert YES YES YES THANKFULLY WITH A GOOD SET OF FRIENDS
18. Learn Western dance NO
19. Re start music lessons (?) YES. Keyboard
20. Have our own house rather than a poky flat. NO but the house got bigger, so ok.
21. Change my furniture YES AND MORE YES. DESIGNED AND UPHOLSTERED IN BOLD BY SELF
22. Institute 5-S in my home - already started the Seiri (Sort & Throw) YES . I THINK YES
23. Go to atleast 1 or 2 non English speaking country after learning the (basic/ functional) language. Went but never learned the language.
24. Go in a helicopter. NO BUT SAW ONE LANDING AT CLOSE QUARTERS
25. Learn to Control my Temper. Oh yes. A lot
26. Job related ******censored******. Yes yes
27. See the Himalayas. YES IN LADAKH
28. Go for a couple massage with Hubby off course . No.
29. Send my parents abroad. They are going on their own, they are too independent to be be sent
30. See the Taj with Hubby & Kids. YES DONE
31. Travel in Palace on Wheels. no
32. Learn to bake 5 - 10 varieties of cakes. A few yes.
33. Learn 5 different chicken recipes and make them on a regular basis. Yes but the cook makes it,
34. Restart playing kalaeidoscope. Did a bit, but stopped again
35. Do combined puzzles with the kids (as soon as they are old enough- incl crossword, jumble, kalaiedoscope, jigsaw). Not so much.
36. Start playing Monopoly & Scrabble with the kids also Carrom (though I am lousy at it). The kids do.
37. Read more authors than the usual YES A LOT
38. Visit all the Indian States esp North East, and North- done with Bihar, UP, MP, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Kerala, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Haryana, Gujarat, Orissa, West Bengal, Andhra, Goa...a loooong way to go but kya kare bad luck hi kharab hai. no but took holidays
digression- I always though I would be taking annual dream holidays post marriage but that has never happened! ADD LADAKH
39. Get a makeover done and do it regularly- basically be an aunty "maal" - learn how to do a proper make up - get funky glasses, multiple ear rings, no made up look, hair style, eye shadows, eye liners, the works added to my just lipstick look.. Eye liner yes, CHANGED GLASSES FINALLY. LEARNT TO WEAR DIFF JEWELRY AND ACCESORIZE
40. Turn 40 in style. Let us see. Doesn't seem to be so much on the agenda now,