The Scorpios

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, January 12, 2007

An Essay on My Mobile Phone

What if a modern day mom had to write an essay on her mobile phone? May be it would run along these lines-
My mobile phone is the most important device for me. It helps me in not only staying connected but it has a multitude of other uses.
The number one among all uses is as pacifier to my kids. Whether at home or in the car or in the shop, the moment I hand the phone to them, they promptly stop crying. It is the most effective remedy, second only to the milk bottle and especially when the milk bottle fails in the job. The various ring tones when played one after the other elicit great response from the kids. They have some favorites like robonix. It also helps if I give blank calls to Daddy’s phone and the hello tune “all that she wants” plays. They love to hunt for Daddy’s phone when it starts ringing when I call from my phone.
It also serves as an object for playing. The kids love to press random buttons and hate it when the keypad is locked and the backlight does not switch on, especially when it’s time to sleep and all the room lights are off. They also love to put it in their mouth and even bite it, now that they have the teeth to do so. My new black phone has teeth marks on it and Daddy’s flip phone has scratch marks from constant dragging.
They prefer the flip phone as compared to my ordinary phone. But my phone scores above their toy phone. By the way, they also like to take photographs from the mobile. They practice acting using my cell phone- they like to hold it against their ears and walk around muttering something. If we say hello, they like to hold it against their ears.
My phone has got some 15 extra contacts stored like- P, *, 7, *70, 68966, with corresponding numbers like 7070#0*070 etc. My kids also socialize using the phone- they have sent a number of sms to the airtel help line number and made calls to the last dialed numbers.
Apart from the above, my phone helps me in home management. If I am in the bathroom and the door bell rings or the cooker whistles, I can call my sleeping hubby or brother or sister whenever they are there, on the phone and ask them to move their back side.
When my babies were born and one of them used to sleep with their grandma, she used to use her mobile to call me on my mobile and wake me up for the night feeds.

All in all, I have made complete and productive use of my phone.

13 comments:

Artnavy said...

Good u have upgraded- we forgot to "discuss"

Mobiles do not seem to get Anush - just like her mom who very sparingly uses it....doesnt everyone know about that :-)

Rohini said...

I think of mobile phones as a lifeline and a reassurance when I away from home. How did moms go to work before mobile phones???

Garam Bheja Fry said...

TOO cute!!!. awwww..

"they like to hold it against their ears and walk around muttering something. If we say hello, they like to hold it against their ears.
My phone has got some 15 extra contacts stored like- P, *, 7, *70, 68966, with corresponding numbers like 7070#0*070 etc"


Ohh i wud have loved to see them do that!!

By Deepa and Supriya said...

and just you wait, you will need another or in your case 2 more phones soon. My son A can easily spend 2-3 hrs over the weekends talking (actually conversing ) on the phone..first with the grandparents on both sides, then he insists we call his classmates and friends (just like mom and dad) and he is only 3 1/2

Fuzzylogic said...

Kids have a fascination to mobile,my little one doesn't yet know the multiple uses of it as demonstrated by your cuties but she still does like to take it and do her own experimentation.I can't imagine how it will be once she will learn to talk!

"they like to hold it against their ears and walk around muttering something"awwww..that would be so cute to watch!

Anonymous said...

Well, nice blog

Keep blogging.

Plz visit www.gyann.blogspot.com

Has to be me said...

This can be a good advert of the cell ph for the cell phone companies!!! ;)
And I guess u;ve recovered the cost of ur cell by putting it to various uses!

Something to Say said...

Agree with has to be me - you should sent this post to cell phone cos....i guess for you - the cell is truly paisa vasool.

my life.... said...

i agree that nowadays kids are born with technology ruled in their hands.... and there was no such thing of handphone back in our generation... tech really revoles human lives:) happy pongal

Anonymous said...

AWE sweet!!!! They truely are adorable darlings!!!! :)

mommyof2 said...

Babies believe in early start these days;-)

Anusha said...

can relate on a couple of things:
My phone has got some 15 extra contacts stored like- P, *, 7, *70, 68966, with corresponding numbers like 7070#0*070 etc
Mine too!! And I wonder where they come from :)
she used to use her mobile to call me on my mobile
We did something similar postpartum when I wasn't allowed to use the stairs...Mom, who was in the kitchen and I, who was restricted to the bedroom, would use the mobile & landline to say things like 'dinner is ready', 'can u come up, please'! it was amusing!

Donna Harris said...

These days, mobile phones provide an astonishing range of functions, and new ones are being added at a gradual pace. There is no proof that mobile phones are a health risk - or that they are a hundred percent safe. It is the best thing of the communication.