The Scorpios

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, May 27, 2011

A Million

A few days ago Tejas wanted to know what comes after 1000. So we told him the counts - ten, hundred, thousand, ten thousand, 100 thousand, 1 million....
Something that had taken me years to get comfy with. Finally at the age of 25 when I was involved in active projects I could convert millions into lakhs and so on comfortably.
So we told Tejas a million has 6 zeroes.

He has suddenly developed a fascination for the calculator on my mobile-an application with which I am never comfortable and use only under duress. I prefer calculating mentally or on paper than use the calculator on the mobile phone.

Yesterday Tejas asks me- Mamma what is Million plus 100. I gave the answer without thinking and then checked what he was doing. He was doing the arithmetic on the phone calculator. I asked him what is this figure. He says- million. I asked how do you know- because it has 6 zeroes.
I never thought he will remember something that I had told him more than a week ago.

Last heard, he was telling Ojas who had caught on - I told you calculator is very easy.

They are doing various large figure additions and progressively getting fascinated with the figures that turn up after each mathematical operation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha.. its real fun reading ur posts on ojas n tejas.. they are adorable.. :)