- Remember the times when you give that tight slap to your kids and the next moment they forgive you.
- Remember the number of times you leave them at home pining for you and the eager, reproach-less smiles they give you when you come back.
- Remember the times you wanted to have a time out / me time and wished that everyone were out of your hair for a while.
- Remember that you believed some conversation were meant for some ears only and not for the kids.
- Remember the kiddie birthday parties you grudgingly went to.
Remember all that when they grow up and say a hurtful word or wish to go out with friends or wish to have some information private to them and not for your consumption or want to be left alone!
Remember that if you don't understand them, nobody else will.
Remember if you cannot make space and adjustments for them, nobody else will be willing to do the same.
Remember to not make them feel guilty for enjoying their life, their hobbies and pursuits, wanting to have their own set of friends and not wanting to go with you for the "boring" parties.