The Scorpios

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Alma Mater

Out of the 6 institutions I have been attached to (marriage excluded), I am emotionally attached to 3 as yet- my school, my MBA college and my first job.

This weekend, I had a chance to visit my MBA college (Pondicherry) for alumni interview. It was quite disheartening to see the poor turnout and more so apart from my husband and another friend, there were none from my class. It was heartening to see us treated as VIPs, we being among the seniormost people present and my husband being the CEO of our new company! Surprisingly we did not feel as ancient as I thought I would. Relived memories, interacted with teachers and bossed over and gave gyaan to the current batch.

A special request from teachers and the current batch was to come and deliver guest lectures to make the students aware of corporate world.
I am tempted to oblige. May be if time permits, I should try my hand at training workshops. The combined benefits would be- giving back to my alma mater who made me what I am today, self satisfaction and venturing into a new arena.

3 comments:

Timepass said...

So nice of you to think of training students at ur college. Nice gesture.

The Inquisitive Akka said...

That sounds like a great idea!Did you study in Pondy Univ?My dad was the HOD of the Physics department there until his death.

Usha said...

Wow, a proud moment indeed! Go for it particularly because it will inspire more women students to know what it is possible to accomplish along with being a good wife and a great mother of two super active kids.
Chak de!