It was 00.45 hours in the Itchy household. All was silent. The 4 members of the household had just gone to bed and only Tejas was fast asleep. At exactly 00.47 hours, a tiny voice rang out loud and clear...
one, two, thee, fou, fie, tick, seben, nie, eight (or ten whichever)... aaaa, clap clap clap sounds....
The parents sat up straight in their respective sleeping areas, watching Ojas with gaping mouth and slowly broke into goofy grins mirrored in each others face. And as if this was not enough, an encore was given.
Thanks baby, for making us proud last night!
1. They can sing- chidiya chidiya uusshti jaaye (Tejas) & chidiya chidiya oo ta ta (Ojas)
2. They love the picture books and flash cards given by their Mami's (mamis always pamper right!!, mine).
I am listing what they know for my reference...They know watch (oatch), butterfly (butter-pie), fish (phisssh- bihari), bird (chiiya), cat (cat kaate maaauu), spoon (moon), knife (choodi), fork (kaata), juice, water (paani), bowl, bed (sleep on the book), caterpillar (pillu..with index finger wriggling), potato, onion (aaloo, piyaaj- and promptly potatoes, onion, garlic mistaken as onion is piled in the living room), toothbrush (mime brushing teeth), teddy, truck, wheel (chakka), cycle (kaikil), apple (aappu).
3. They often fight- each one will hit the other and want to be the one to give the last hit. Ojas pulls tejas' hair and if I pull Ojas' hair to show him how it feels, he pulls Tejas hair back, not mine.
4. They like to ask me to draw stuff for them.
5. They are planning to discipline all of us. When we watch TV, they start crying- cartooo. When hubby watches the match, I try to remind them that they would like to see cartoo..
6. They insist on eating the full apple, not cut slices.
7. Yesterday Tejas ate a piece of green chilly from my plate and was extremely annoyed with the sensation. He had lots of jam to counter the pungency.