The Scorpios

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Virtual = Reality

What is height of commitment to the blog?
Taking off from work to meet a blog friend.
Believe it or not, we just did it.
Sue, ArtNavy with Anushka & Self met up at Coffee Day yesterday evening.
As I walked up to the restaurant I saw a girl sitting by herself deeply engrossed in her book. I almost went up to ask her are you Sue?
But got sudden jitters as what if she is not. And there she looked younger than what I had thought her to be and even the hair she claimed she had cut looked long enough, I took the easy way out of calling her mom to check what she has worn. Her description matched with what I was seeing and I got the courage to walk up and make the aquaintence just as she herself looked up.
Art joined later and I was pleasantly surprised that Anush remebered me well. The young lady enjoyed her Frappe along with us and Sue & I marvelled on how good it is to have a daughter as a companion and how boys are designed to be nasty.
We talked of books, our work, our blogs, our husband and even bird flu and how it affected we chicken eating public...
One thing about meeting a blog friend is that you have a lot of background about the person and you can take off from any point just as you would with a long time friend.
The blog and motherhood is such a grand unifying force that it overrides everything else that is not common among blog colleauges- be it work, education, family, age group, attitude to life etc.
An hour and some more spent well!

10 comments:

Inder said...

bloggers meet!!! great!

Lavs said...

That's the second one I missed. And before the count can increase, I better buy a car.

Timepass said...

Just read abt this meet in Artnavy's blog..

SUR NOTES said...

sounds like you guys had a wonderful time.

Unknown said...

Am insanely jealous....

IBH said...

seriously...next time i aint gonna miss the meet....

rayshma said...

i SO envy u gurls! :)

Minka said...

Ah ! I almost made it !Damn , I actually could have if I had checked my email. Wish me luck next time !

PURN!MA said...

Hi you write daaaaaaaaamn well. Read quite a bit of what you've put down.
Adding you to my blog roll.

Regards,
Purnima

Sue said...

Yes, and it was so nice meeting you three. Next time I'll see if we can make it a weekend morning or something. Plan it with the kids. Am dying to meet the 'nasty' little boys and you can meet my own nasty piece of work. :)