So what do you do if you are not at all feeling inspired to post something..
1. pick a random photo from the album and post about it with captions
2. write about your weekend
3. give some advice to the world in general on how to lose weight, how to save food, how to save time blah blah blah
4. post a recipe
5. Post a store/ restaurant review
I pick no. 4 for the moment and here I am with my keema pie recipe, modified to suit my cook-in-minimum-steps-don't -sweat-the-small-stuff rule.
1. mutton keema- let's say 1/2 kg
2. onions (somewhat half the weight of mutton keema)
3. 1-2 tomatoes
4. ginger -garlic paste- 3 tsp
5. turmeric- 1/2 tsp
6. coriander powder- 4 tsp
7. garam masala- 1/2 tsp
8. chilly powder, salt- as per taste
9. Cheese spread/ grated cheddar cheese / cheese slices
Method- Cook the mutton
1. heat oil in a cooker
2. add 1 -2 bay leaves
3. Add 2-8 ingredients and stir well until oil is seen oozing out of the mix- which means the masalas are all cooked
4. Add mutton and mix them well. If you want add 2-3 tbsp curd. No need to add water.
5. Close the cooker and cook for 1 whistle and leave on the gas for 10-15 minutes in low flame.
6. Switch off and wait for steam to get released naturally.
7. Open cooker, incase the keema is watery, dry the water through open cooking.
Making the pie format
8. Take a microwave safe glass bowl and pour the cooked keema
9. layer the top with cheese of your choice.
10. Micro cook for 7-8 minutes.
Serve yumm yumm keema pie with oddles of melted & then hardened cheese
PS- I do not have a photo. In teh excitement of eating it I forgot to photograph it.