The Scorpios

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Linking Up With Dreams

So I dreamt about my college friends one night, got nostalgic and the next day, on an impulsed googled for one.
Can you imagine my surprise that I discovered her whereabouts in 2 clicks - reached her on Linkedin and found that she is in Chennai!
A flurry of phone calls to her workplace led me to the answer that she quit 3 months ago and if I would leave my name and number they would reach her out and let her know of my contact.
I spent the entire morning kicking myself for not dreaming earlier and being my persuasive self with the (ex)workplace. Finally got through the HR who reluctantly but immediately gave me her mobile number.
I called her and the conversation went on like this-
Me- Is this RR?
She- Yes
Me- from xYZ college? B city?
She- yes
Me - now guess who you bad mad woman
She- keep talking I will try
Me- Guess who lives in Chennai
She- I only know ITW lived in Chennai years ago
Me- She still lives in Chennai
She- How stupid...
Me- Do you know why I searched you out? because I dreamt about you
She- Oh, you still have these wierd and funny dreams!
(Oh God- she remembers what I had forgotten- rather I had forgotten that my vague, lucid dreaming was so famous back in those days!)
And so we blah blah blahed .....and went on to discover that we live within shouting distance to each other!
Now mind you, we were talking after 12 years and getting in touch after atleast 10 years and what do we say to each other- mad? bad? stupid?
We met for a long chat and catching up at Checker's and left with promises of "more to come"!

10 comments:

Monika said...

friends are forever indeed

VJ said...

it must be lovely to connect after 12 yrs and realise you live so closeby !!

Itchingtowrite said...

yes monika indeed
VJ- it was fun - really fun!

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Wow! After a decade!

'Tis the season for old friends...

Anusha said...

such a sweet story! yay to your persistenc...& dreams :)

How do we know said...

Great for u!! And so amazing that u guys also live so close to each other..

dipali said...

Such fun! I had also Googled a friend's name a few years ago- got in touch with a school friend after some twenty four years or so!

Devasena Hariharan said...

hi, I think you need to try orkut. You will be surprised to find all of your school to college people ther.

Unknown said...

awww..this post made me feel all warm and gooey inside :)
there's nothing better than old friends!

Monika said...

What fun!!Wishing Many more meeting to come