The Scorpios

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Tiny Thoughts- Histrionics

I took a lot of care to ensure that I did not see any antagonising scene on TV or books or net when I was pregnant.
I did not read the Mahabharata.
I controlled my fits of anger and became sweet and nice and patient and uncomplaining.
I did not even quarrel with the husband.

Why would you understand all this?
Why wouldn't you remain glued to the TV when the woman on that all important programme is crying over another person who has hanged herself. Or when a woman is throwing a hysterical fit and screaming at such a decibel that even my children of 8 months are attracted towards the TV?
Why would you bother to lower the volume or change channels?

2 comments:

Mystic Margarita said...

Some people lack the very basic courtesy and common sense, that's why! Just go ahead and switch the damned TV off yourself if the other person is such a dumbhead. :)

Itchingtowrite said...

MM- oh yes! that's an idea.
normally i will be driving myself crazy