The Scorpios

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Silly Vegetable Song

Created impromptu last night while making Ojas & Tejas sleep.

Sung to the tune of Pussy Cat Pussy Cat where have you been...
Potato, tomato where have you been?
Lima Bean, Long Bean why are n’t you seen?
We have been to kitchen to dance with French Bean.

Sung to the tune of A, B, C, D, E, F, G...
Radish, beetroot, cucumber, carrot,
Mix them together, make a salad.
Put the okra in a tokra,
Send the mushroom into his room.
Ginger – Garlic make a paste,
Onion is so good to taste.
Pumpkin is so big and yellow,
Brinjal is a fatty fellow.

After that I ran out of creativity...

8 comments:

Shobana said...

LOL! What creativity and this shows the number of hours you spend slaving away in the kitchen!!!

I loved both the rhymes.

Itchingtowrite said...

hi shobana- thanks !
this is not due to kitchen hours- this is due to the veggie book the kids hav

Preethi said...

HI.. first time here.. and great reads!!! Very creative.. I tried singing it to the tune.. my son loved it!!!

Anonymous said...

that was very creative. Can I take it from here later, for kiddo? I really lack creativity....

Itchingtowrite said...

aargee/ preethi- u r welcome and I am honoured

The Kid said...

ah! a nice rhyme is going on here!

would you mind if I join?

too much banana is a little trouble
is that your tummy giving a rumble?
apples are fine
the best is pine
The king is the mango,
each one makes me tango!

:)

Choxbox said...

excellent! *clap clap*

Itchingtowrite said...

thanks kid! that was cute.. i'll sing it to ojas & tejas