Things change rapidly the moment one puts in the papers. No matter how long one has served the company. A few changes I have experienced this week are-
1. The extra chair in my cubicle has been borrowed & never returned, within a few minutes of my resigning
2. The beverage served has reduced by a quarter!!
3. Mailbox is empty
4. I can browse the net/ blog as much as possible without feeling guilty
5. I can take leave or come late or levae early without feeling guilty
6. I hardly get phone calls
7. Suddenly people have become overtly friendly and are bitching about the company/ people or discussing secrets
8. Suddenly some friendly people have started ignoring me- I am not asked for creative inputs at all
9. I need not participate in projects as info is sensitive around me
10. I can make long phone calls on my cell without feeling guilty
11. People are asking me how to apply for a job in that particular place where I am joining
12. People are discussing their salary details with me even though I do not want to hear it.
13. I have become detached to everything that is happening & look at things with neutral eyes
When I think of the way things have changed within minutes of my resigning, I feel that the mandatory notice period should be waived off in special cases where the employee can no longer contribute. Especially in my case when I have a team who is intimately involved in the projects so I need not do any particular handover or close projects. Food for thought!!