Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Babies- Their Royal Highnesses
The adorable babies in their innocence can unknowingly make one feel elated or insecure in different situations.
• Elation is when they fight for my lap when I come back home and insecurity is when they don’t look at me when hubby comes back
• Insecurity is when they refused to recognize hubby when he came back home after a long tour
• Elation is when they hug me (spontaneously) when they want a feed and insecurity is when they slip out of my lap on other occasions
• Insecurity is when a friend’s daughter asked her mom “who is this uncle” (referring her father who was abroad for sometime)
• Ojas smiled at the ex –maid and bawled at the current maid at the same time
• They gave my Mom suspicious looks when they saw her after 5 months. They keep looking askance at her while playing and don’t’ smile at all. (My mom took care of them the 1st 6 months and she used to be their favourite during that time)
• They forget my brother every weekend. Ojas howls when he sees him.
• My Dad spent the nights walking them to sleep when they were a month old. They are giving him the cold shoulder treatment
• Insecurity was during the 1st 6 months when they used to scream everytime they saw my In-laws and now there is elation when they treat them with angry “words” if they are late or don’t turn up for a day
• Ojas screamed at my neighbor when she tried to pick up Tejas
• My nephew never used to come to me even though I used to show him the car keys. Since he had never seen me drive, he thought I was cheating him
• Ojas was trying to crawl to my room when he woke up in the middle of the night and found that he was sleeping with My Mom- inspite of sleeping a good part of the 1st 6 months with my Mom