Apart from the usual, there are a few things I experienced with the twin gestation
1. Heart Beat- Doc heard the 1st heart beat on my right side and automatically searched the left side for the 2nd. She couldn’t find it. After a few tries, she discovered that the 2nd one was on the right too. Meaning both had their heads in the same direction- so friendly
2. 1st trimester scan- twin 1 was sitting and twin 2 was lying down. Twin 1 was boxing twin 2’s bum & Twin 2 was kicking twin 1’s nose- “in”fighting
3. Each kick by one twin had an answering kick by the 2nd twin
4. There were times when I couldn’t sleep during the advanced stage- both used to invariably have their heads towards the top and I could hardly breath forget about lying down. No amount of “hitting” them would make them budge. Sometimes this used to happen when I was having my food and I could not eat until they moved downwards
5. When both their heads used to move to one side in the last trimester, I could not turn to that side until one of them deigned to move to the other part.
6. If one was kicking and the 2nd was not, the 1st one used to continue kicking until the 2nd one woke up and started answering the kicks.
7. Doc said that C-section is the best way to do because one can never ensure that both will be normal deliveries so better not to take a chance
8. Twins tend not to stay inside after the 37th week. There is no space to grow further. The doc suggested an auspicious date & time according to the charts for delivery. My little monsters did not agree to that, is another story- they were 4 days earlier than the good date & 18 days earlier than the calendar date.
9. No allowed physical activity – even walking- since I was working, the exercise was considered to be more than enough. So I told all those who asked me to walk to go take a walk themselves & leave me to my devices.
10. While I was happily doing all the fun things like shopping, going to restaurants (had been to kabab court 2 days before the delivery) a friend of mine who is also carrying twins is strictly on bed rest due to complications
11. Walking became difficult from 5th month onwards and I was looking as if I will deliver anytime.
12. I gained 25 kgs