The Scorpios

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Fresh Pepper Pickle


Fresh, Astringent, Biting, Sour, errr Peppery...I am addicted to them.
Bought them in the most unlikely of places- push cart vendor.
Just 8-10 sticks of them washed, dried and put in a glass bottle.
Pour vinegar, add salt and maybe turmeric & lime - but you could do without them too.
Vinegar & salt are enough.
Leave the bottle in the sun for a day
I love to put them in sandwiches also. Love the bite they give....

4 comments:

Swapna Raghu Sanand said...

Hmmm, seems worth trying out, thanks for sharing!

Monika said...

Wow...I am salivating!

Cee Kay said...

Urm... Is that pepper? Looks like kair to me.

chitra said...

This is a favorite of mine. Recently i saw it in Mylapore Chennai but could not buy it.
My mom's recipe is pepper, ginger, lime, and green chillies. Yummy it is. Goes well with Kerala Congee. I am drooling.