The Scorpios

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, June 02, 2008

Tiny Thoughts- Presentation

Sometimes I take up the entire time slot allocated to me for my presentation.
Even though I may need to prolong it by adding more details, talking slowly, showing commercials or products or provoking the audience by bringing out multiple dimensions to any particular slide.
I do it because I want to give it back in the same coin to all those who do not bother about how boring their talk can become for some of us in the audience. To all those who once get a chance to be on stage, keep talking our ears off with unnecessary data inspite of the given format of the presentation. To all those who cause a meeting to prolong well into the night because they do not know how to keep time.

3 comments:

Mama - Mia said...

sigh! tell me bout it!

Unknown said...

I am the reverse. I use to race through presentations until I got a talking too from the boss man about my absolute ineptness...
You would think for someone who loves to talk like me???
But max I could present was for 10 to 20 mins, after which I would get bored myself and run through the last slides..
LOL

Itchingtowrite said...

i too hav this problem- thoughts cannot catch up with my speed- i end up shortening the story and spoiling the fun