This new year, I am going to go back to doing things I love the most...
1. So worldspace will wind up, I cannot switch on the TV to a music channel as cartoon requests are always on at home and the music system needs repair. Yet, I am going to listen to music everyday - come what may-on my laptop if needed- since music forcefully makes me calmer and puts me in a good mood... so much so that I forgot I was angry with a particular supplier and welcomed him with a huge smile!
2. Books give me a sense of purpose, take me to a different world and gives me insights.... I have been reading lots and I am going to continue to do so. and I am going to start reading myself to sleep again perhaps!
3. Discover new recipes and perfect them- It's not worth drooling at a single piece of delicacy and counting days until I can next eat them. This year was the mastery of the brownie. Next year will be a few more. Currently I am on a mutton chukka trip!
4. While on the topic of food- no more being penny wise & pound foolish! Indulge and don't sweat the small sweat- so a pack of Al Kabeer mutton seekh kabab is way cheaper than eating in the restaurant and a pack of frozen chicken samosa costs the same as a normal samosa in a restaurant and even the costliest of tomato is way cheaper than the chicken!!! I don't know what mentality of mine allows me to spend huge amounts in buffets but I start counting cash everytime I want to make the above purchases!!
5. Watch all the movies that I missed this year
6. Socialise more- did quite a few parties at home and even managed a potluck last week- this year probably a group picnic ....saves us from looking at each other's faces and getting into a fight!!
7. Atleast 1 travel other than the mandatory home town visit!
8. Chill chill chill - I am going to be a better and less impulsive woman this year
9. More flowers, less foliage for the garden- which means extensive reseasch on what flower will flourish in my sun starved garden- already started on this quest- Have planted some flowering plants and waiting with bated breath for them to flower and I am holding my heart in my hands and removing lovingly planted foliages in triplicate!!
10. Declutter and not let litter accumulate. Plastic bags, broken toys, sheets of coloring, kids clothes that have become ratty, clothes that I have not used since last 1 year in hopes of getting slimmer
11 And one last stretch goal - find a way to get slimmer!! the health check up have found nothing wrong on which I can pin the blame of my weight gain!