So what are the little things I have gained in 2009?
"This is an all about me post ....just saying..."
1. I have gained control over my senses- finally
exercised iron shakti control over my feelings & chucked out almost new size medium kurtas (customised hand embroidery by a fashion technology Graduate mind it!). That's is not all- did this chucking out 2 times this year
threw away toys that fell over my head when I opened the loft- if it falls over- it does not fit - so it cannot be stowed
2. To my utmost delight- I have gained a fan
none other than my aunt who reads my blog and spreads the word around! I am chuffed
3. I have gained a brother in law!
though very little time was spent together- blink and you miss it sort- but yes, we need to get together as a family atleast once a year!
4. I have gained my old network
Now I can count my blessings by the number of "likes" and comments I get on the crap I post on FB also
5. I have gained a lot of family time
by bunking office err taking my official quota of leave quite a few times!
6. I have gained... err created space
Didn't I say it already? I have thrown out so many things that I wonder why do I ever keep them in the first place
7. I have gained the knowledge that sometimes I can let go and it does not hurt so much
I missed the kids' sports day...bawwwwwwwwl. But the hurt did lessen with time
8. I have gained a place that is not among the donkeys- Gadha Janam choot gaya
attended a proper (non college) fashion show ... Thanks to AD... excuse me while I jump up and down like a villager...
9. Yet again Gadha Janam chootaa..
I have finally visited places out of India that are not called Singapore....even though it was via Singapore airport!
10. I have gained a bone that is not called lazy-bones
This year have tried lot of new recipes... those which are a little more elaborate than 3 steps- cutting, washing and putting in the cooker.
11. I have gained a little more confidence in my driving skills
Probably now I will not hesitate to drive cars that are not otherwise called Swift.
12. I have gained and prolly even lost self control
Managed to push off 3 kgs by diet control and a little walk when you talk. I think this is one battle that I need to win..
13. I have gained more party time this year
with friends, Chennai-men, & Country-men.... figuratively speaking offcourse..women also or mainly included rather... parties with neighbours, blog friends, relatives... life is good!
14. I have gained access to more books this year
Library, friends, and own collection and a variety which is more varied than what I have been reading all this while. Included authors and genres that I have never read before!
15. I have regained my punctuality
Aided by the fact that I have to drop kids to school everyday and leave to office thereafter
16. And I have gained a new wardrobe for 2010 before the new year begins even
Thanks to very well thought out, organised, planned and controlled shopping from Diwali onwards!
Happy 2010 Friends!!