Well, we have achieved most of the milestones we wanted to- as listed a year ago on this blog-
- Potty trained- check- actually this issue is no longer on my radar- you are well and truly trained in the sense you do not mind going to a loo even if it is not your own toilet- making my life easier outside our house. The last pack of diapers - pack of 2 pampers lie unused in the cupboard- found some time ago during a clean up. You can even estimate and inform us that you are going to do a big potty.
- Boot the Bottle- achieved pretty soon after your 2nd birthday accompanied by a huge sigh of relief from your Mamma
- School- check- already cruising on the 2nd term, and passed the 1st term with flying colors making me one proud, preening purring Mamma who relished and swallowed the cake, chocolate, chicken sorts (and making Dadda proud too offcourse).
- And school took care of the swimming part too - water activity weekly once and hopefully full fledged swimming subsequently
- We have moved over to story books like Panchtantra, Jatak tales and Noddy/ Pooh/ offcourse.
- We have enjoyed a glorious year full of activities like puzzles (and many more to come), sticker book, building blocks, coloring with crayons, pencils and chalk and play doh- honestly not so much.
- Self feeding happens only if there are snacks or non veg- well- leaving no doubt that you take after Mamma's tastes.
- And we did the writing of both sorts- on Vijaydashmi and on Dawaat Puja
1. This year we will focus on making you more independent - in tandem with what the school is attempting- you must be able to do everything necessesary without Mamma hovering around.
2. Let's try painting at home- with aprons and paints and the works. I think it is high time Mamma gets over the sheer laziness and aversion to painting- something she obviously sucks at!
3. More play-doh and work with fingers- something that we have to do so that your pencil grip improves.
4. We will try to make time for outdoor activities- zoo, beach etc.
5. More books and concepts off course anything to exercise your mind
6. Socializing in another activity on the cards- and that should be something beyond the familiar- new places to go
7. 5 S- This is something you must get used to. We have enjoyed messing around so far but now, we have to learn to keep our toys and books neatly and in an organised fashion.And here's wishing you both a very Happy 3rd Birthday.