The Scorpios

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Samhita Arni's version of The Mahabharata




I haven't really read the book but skimmed through it borrowing it off a friend to inspect first and I am most impressed with whatever little I read.

The author started writing this book when she was about 8 years old and simultaneously illustrated them in very vivid cute drawings which depicted the characters aptly and most importantly differentiated them from each other. 

Each story/ chapter covers about 2 pages and are written in a language that children can understand- extremely simple and child friendly and explains the complex accounts very well.

I would strongly recommend this book for kids who are comfortable reading because it is a big book and I suppose kids around 8- 10 years of age would appreciate it.

Considering I read the Amar Chitra Katha Ramayana when I was in class 1, albeit very slowly and taking at least a good 1 month, I expect a little better from my kids whose reading in school was much advanced than mine!


Title- The Mahabharata- a child's view
Author- Samhita Arni
Price- Rs 450
Publisher- Tara Books




No comments: