The Scorpios

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Response to Mum's the Word

Post the article got published in Hindustan Times-  http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/Print/926789.aspx#
Both Sunayana and Kiran did their take on their blogs and I really thought that was a good idea and hence here we are.

Manjula had sent us some very pertinent questions to be answered and some of them touched upon my favourite result of blogging, the community of mommy bloggers and their support system. Yes we never met in the real world at the time we started blogging but over time, we conducted blog meets in our cities, mobilised people and began to find commonalities in attitudes and therefore we became friends beyond the blog world.

 I started my blog primarily to record memories of my children and soon it graduated to become an extension of me. Food, shopping, weight mangement, books, my home, my office, my career, my garden, my extended family

Will I ever stop blogging about my kids?  I am not sure a Mom can ever stop talking about her kids. But I am not sure how long I will continue to blog about them. It all depends on them if they object from a privacy point of view. If not the blog, I will find some other medium. Like FB. It is not just recording the life of my kids, it is also about sharing their antics with the family, their grandparents, aunts, uncles who don't get to see them on a regular basis. 

2006 was a great place to be in the blog world. We were a large community of Mommy bloggers. Those same names are still active. Either blogging about the kids or other things of interest. I aspire to continue as long as possible. As a medium it gives me more creative width than a social networking site.

May the Mommy blogger tribe live on!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should start blogging on weight management and food

btwn, I just thought of this: "blogging is a canvas, which gives you the freedom to paint your thoughts for keeps"

Sue said...

I like how you've diversified your blogging, Itchy. You do so many things online, it keeps your interest alive.