The Scorpios

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Benefits of School



1. The routine is set- wake up at 6.30-7.00 am, brush, eat, poop, bath, go to school, back home, lunch, sleep, milk, play, dinner, sleep at 8.30-9.00 pm

2. Potty routine is set to morning instead of how it used to be either anytime, or weekend no potty or Tejas in the morning & Ojas at night. Gives me a lot of peace of mind because I don't have to worry about they doing it in school bcause they have not really larnt to confess that they want to do potty when they are outside their home. Also, now I can go out in peace if they have done their potty as per their fixed times. Sigh!

3. Mealtimes are fixed the only hitch being they do not eat their tiffin that I pack.

4. They are ready to go and sleep around 8.30 pm nowadays.

5. We managed to do an outing after making them sleep one week - night! Gives me some hope- we could catch up with a movie someday maybe.

6. I have become disciplined now- no late nights, wake up on time and get things done. No TV too though barring the mornings when I put compulsory music channel.

7. I get some peaceful half an hour after they leave for school & before I leave for work.

8. I feel more useful and get a great sense of satisfaction that I am doing things for them

9. While quantity time together lacks because I am working, I appreciate the truly quality time we spend together- multitasking & making use of every waking moment- doing puzzle while eating or reading in bed or singing in bed or dancing together during weekends.

10. Less of passive TV for the kids because 1st half is spent in school and they now go to bed early.

Meanwhile, brother joins 1st job today

3 comments:

Mama - Mia said...

:)

sounds just perfect! touchwood!

your posts always show me the silver lining!

cheers!

abha

Monika said...

Got here to D's blog. Lovely blog u have. I have blogrolled u :). My son is 4 & has just gotten into nursery & his routine is pretty much like your twins.My year old also does not eat his tiffin... :(

Subhashree said...

Whoa... a whole lot of milestones achieved for you three I guess. I find the brat going to school has brought a lot of discipline in our lives too.

Quite an improvement in our lives, na? Touchwood!