The Scorpios

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, May 30, 2014

Nostalgia revisited

It was a nostalgic moment for me when I got in my hands the Tinkle holiday special, a magazine that I had been addicted to in my childhood.
I remember the eagerness with which I would await Dad coming back from his tour because he would almost always get us one tinkle and another random Amar Chitra Katha.

So as I leafed through the pages in anticipation, I notice that the fonts are finer and somehow they look larger, more artistic and cleaner than what I remember they were. However each story seems to be having a unique font. The Greek story had a Greek looking one and the vampire story had a scary word bubble outline.
The pages have a glossy finish but I do miss the musty matt paper feel of the older magazines.

While Suppandi and Tantri Mantri seem to look the same as always the recent illustrations seem to have a sharpness about them.

Each story has a note at the top of the page with quotes from the author and illustrator which really gives a perspective to the inspiration behind the story.

I loved the Idea Thief story. It talks of finding inspirations or muse at different points of life for inspiring creativity and the importance of gaining life experience for the same.

I also found the crime scene very interesting in which one has to solve the crime using a set of given alibis and clues.

The magazine is also peppered with word games and puzzles that provide a fun filled and stimulating break between stories.


Title- Tinkle Holiday Special
Price- Rs 100
Publisher- Amar Chitra Katha

No comments: