The Scorpios

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 06, 2014

Brown Velvet Cake

This is modified recipe if red velvet cake, I call it brown velvet cake. Turns out super soft and light, much to my surprise. It is quite simple if you do not plan to embellish it with the cream. This was the first time I worked with cups or oz measurement and since I had a measuring jar with both oz and gram measurement it was super convenient.

1 cup = 8 ounces = 236 g

Ingredients

Whisk together
3 eggs
Vanilla essence
3/4 cup or 6 oz or 177 g approx unsalted butter
1.5 cup or 12 oz or 350 g sugar

Combine together
2.5 cup or 20 oz or 590 g Flour
3 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder (some recipes do not recommend baking powder but I cannot imagine ignoring it in my cake mix)

Add the two mixes together however you will find them tough to blend because the eggs are half the quantity of a simple cake.

Combine the bubbly mix

1 cup butter milk which could be effectively made using 50 ml (1/3 cup) of milk and 200ml (2/3cup) of yoghurt blended together
1 tbsp white vinegar or lemon juice
1 tsp baking soda or sodium bicarbonate

Add this bubbly mix to the above mix and fold. I topped the mix up with about 2 tbsp milk as I found the mix too stiff.

I baked the cake in my convection microwave, medium power, 180 degree C and 8 minutes



Sent from my iPad

No comments: