The Scorpios

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, April 18, 2011

Losing My Virginity and Other Dumb Ideas

Madhuri Banarjee explores the world of Kaveri, who is celebrating her 30th birthday- a typical modern career girl living on her own - one who is still single and unattached and in desperate need to find a partner or atleast lose her virginity. Join her in her journey, as she flits from one ideal man to the next, exploring her own sensuality, and even getting badly hurt in love- all within a year of her resolve. And there is Aditi, the perfect foil to Kaveri who is her self appointed consulted in her mission. One who is an expert in this field and ultimately, gives the readers a surprise. If you are the type who loves a good chicklit, go on, I urge you to pick a copy. Also read here another review - a more enhanced one that I did. This book is a part of Penguin's Metro Reads series- a very interesting series judging by the 2 books I have read already. I am eager to see more of these

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whats up...just books reviews ka aajkal?? But I am tempted to read this one!

-NS

Swapna Raghu Sanand said...

I've been reading so many chick lits and I don't see what the point is, except a quick read. Still, thanks for posting this review.

itchingtowrite said...

NS- updates bhi kar diya!!

swapna- just for fun - always nice to lighten up with an indulgent chicklit

Unknown said...

I 'd prefer Meg Cabot to this book - too many Indian chicklits aorund - most badly written - achhey books ka review kar

Madhuri Banerjee said...

Thanks so much for giving me a good review. It means the world to me. It's difficult being a full time mom and trying to achieve something in life. So it means more that the good review came from a mom.
For all those who think it's not worth the read or the review, I hope I will be able to please you with my 2nd book and awaiting your 1st one! :)

Itchingtowrite said...

evie- haven't read meg cabot. actually indian chicklits have moved beyond the earlier ones that were aping the western style or atleast set in the west. these are more identifiable to me

madhuri- warm welcome! all teh best for the next one