The Scorpios

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro

For someone who has loved the movie without even understanding the underlying black humour pointing at the corruption within the system, it is a treat to be able to read a thorough analysis of the same. A book that takes one through the journey of the movie from the time it was a twinkle in Kundan Shah's eyes to the conception, the collaborative making to the final cut. I remember the movie from Doordarshan era and while I was re introduced to it through Jai Arjun's book, I trawled through you tube and watched the various bits of the movie yet again. I am glad it is still funny to me, even more since I could now understand the black comedy even better. Jai Arjun has humanised and de fantasised the makers and actors for me. I could appreciate the efforts that went behind the making, just to make it look so effortless for the viewers. I could feel their frustrations as the scenes didn't do well or the conditions were not conducive and the weariness of going through the motions to make people laugh. Go on here at flashnewstoday.com for a more academic review and allow me to be whimsical over here- my own space. Book- Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro Author- Jai Arjun Singh Publisher- Harper Collins Price- Rs 250

No comments: