The Scorpios

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Golu This Year

Has been a different experience in many ways
- the kids have actually sung songs in various homes in front of the golu without much pestering.
- they have, with full expectation asked the hosts- what is the gift you are giving me- even mentioning that - I want paint.
- they have gently played with the decor without scattering them or attempting to damage them unlike the previous years

A few days short of the Big 5, I am marvelling at how things have changed in a matter of the last few months- a growth spurt taking place in front of my very own eyes.

They can do a number of things on their own without my over supervision.
I wouldn't have ever imagined that I would let them play unsupervised in the complex- albeit for short periods, with me rushing out every 15-20 minutes to check on them.
Or that they would set the bed for us neatly, refusing help because- that would be a "gift" for us

Even though they cannot wash their backside yet- which is totally my fault - my cleanliness OCD is holding me back, they can take a neat bath on their own and emerge from their room fully dressed as if it is the most natural thing to do for them! Where are those naked babies running all over the place demanding to be dressed?

They do not wet the bed any more. Touch Wood. But I am still protecting the bed with the rubber sheet because I haven't yet seen them wake up in the middle of the night and use the bathroom. The day that happens, the rubber sheet can safely go out of the window. Or do I dare to remove it now itself?

They keep each other busy, chattering non stop, doing activity books/ painting together and at the same time have separate set of friends in the complex- at one time I was lamenting that they do not make friends and now I am worried why they go separate ways thereby setting me on the run everytime I come out of the house to look for them because invariably they are in opposite corners of the building.

The boys are growing up aren't they? The maintenance factor has come down despite my misgivings.

5 comments:

R's Mom said...

'They keep each other busy..' This would have been the only reason why I would have ever wanted twins...its a sweet post to read itchy :)

Gayatri said...

- Nice :D
- God Bless
- My fella is 5+ but still runs around naked until he is cornered :(
- am withya with the rubbersheet bit too :)
- and like R's mom said if only my lil one had a twin to keep him busy ...sighhhhh!

Devasena Hariharan said...

time flies so fast, it looks like i have seen them as one year olds..

Itchingtowrite said...

thanks ladies!

the mad momma said...

mine is the opposite. the brat hasnt wet his bed since age 3 so no rubber sheet. but he still has trouble with buttons so after a bath i let him pull on his clothes and then have to help him with the buttons