The Scorpios

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, February 22, 2008

Factual Fiction - Shop Lifter Gets Away with a Shopping Basket

Unintentionally off course!
Close to mid night at a mall in Serrangoon Singapore.
The lady finishes her shopping and carries the billed good(ie)s in the shopping basket.
She spots a cab crossing the entry of the mall and rushes out blindly and unthinking and gets inside the cab mentioning the hotel name all in a single breath. Cabs at that hour is difficult to find unless you stand for atleast 20 minutes or more or walk the street lugging all the heavy shopping with you or call for one which may again take another 20 minutes minimum. So lucky if one passes right in front of your nose and it will be a damn to miss it.
A few minutes pass and the lady screams- oops I have the store basket with me by mistake, let's go back to drop it.
The cab driver refuses to turn saying it is not worth getting back.
The lady is too ashamed to leave it behind in the hotel and wanted to avoid questions by the "foreign" hotel staff. All that filmy fear of doing anything illegal in a foreign land, passport getting conficated and the works.
She packs up the basket of goodies inside her spacious airbag specially brought to take back all the mindless shopping she does in any city she visits.
She comes back home and today the basket serves her well for storing toys and...

PS- Meanwhile, if the store owner is reading this, I am sorry it was unintentional and I am always ready to give it back if you want it, but I 'd rather not since it is coming of great use to us.

7 comments:

Timepass said...

Hey, are u not supposed to bring 2 baskets??

Unknown said...

tooo goood...

just make another trip for d second 1 :D

Unknown said...

Recently I landed on ur blog, when I was searching for a good gym in Chennai. Ur blog kinda gave a pretty good insight for a first time gymmer.

I would like to know which gym have u joined and what program u've opted for.

How do we know said...

arre this is soo wonderful!! now u have a new threat "if u dont listen to me, i will not let u sit in that basket"

IBH said...

itchy not sure when u sent me a mail on another possible meet in my photoblog...my id is ibh.blog@gmail.com...let me know if any other meet is happening...

Cuckoo said...

How do your twins share the single basket? It does look cute in the pic serving as a new kinda seat!

Just Like That said...

Aww... ditch the shop owner if he wants it back (LOL) Ojas/tejas looks absolutely at home in it.