The Scorpios

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Melbourne Masti

I am taking part in the indiblogger contest
What's your reason for falling in love with Melbourne, the most liveable city in the world?

Rather I would say most loveable city in the world?
What fascinates me about Melbourne is all this excitement about the gold rush. It somehow gives me a sense of excitement and mystery and being a gold freak myself, I would live to see the place where gold was actually mined. I also understand that from a city which was hardly liveable, it is now having people come in from Tasmania even, the place which has the cleanest air in the world. Now if someone belonging to such a place would wish to settle in Melbourne, I am sure it has a lot in it.

I would love to visit the city and see for myself multiple things that are so popular there.

The way I love to see a city is to actually do the little little things that the citizens do on a day ti day basis. Basically behave like a local, take long walks, do some street shopping, go to the parks, eat in the local joints and eat street food, take the local mass transport instead of taking taxis and go to the famed operas and performances. I wish to see Melbourne from the eyes of a local and so the local stuff rather than doing just touristy stuff like visiting the heritage places.

I would love to see the museum which takes one on a complete tour of the history of Melbourne

I would like to tour the city in its tram network and perhaps eat in one of their tram restaurants

I would live to witness and photograph the street art.

See the historic gold bar that has been used for demonstration of the gold bar making process.

I would love to witness the penguin parade and go to the strawberry farm too, and I am sure my children would love both of them.

Check out these videos about Tanmay's and Rohan's exploration of Melbourne
http://bit.ly/CAMvideos

And may be you could explore http://www.visitmelbourne.com/India.aspx   On your own and see what treasures the city has for you.

Overall it is a great idea to check out these sites if you are planning a tour to Melbourne. It gives a comprehensive view of the attractions in the city and would be a great tool to plan the stay accordingly.

Now something for you

"Which of these places would you want to visit in Melbourne and why?".

The best answer (chosen by me) on every valid entry will win a gift voucher. The contest on my blog  ends on 4th Jan 2015.

8 comments:

D D said...

I would like to visit following places in Melbourne -
the Penguin Parade - for watching penguins,
A Maze & Things - to take fun of mazes and illusions and puzzles,
the Queen Victoria Market for shopping,
the Eureka Skydeck - for watching the panorama of the city.

cruxrebels said...

Great post! After reading your post & watching all the videos, I’d most like to visit the Dandenong Ranges for it’s scenic beauty, breathtaking view and cool breeze blowing through my hair. :P I’d give anything away for driving through the winding roads which are present throughout the ranges. I’d love to stay at one of the bed and breakfast cottages and go on frequent excursions in the forests with my camera which provides excellent views. And not to forget the famous ride in the Puffing Billy, a day reserved especially for that. To add to that, there are also several picnic spots for me and my friends to spend a fun-filled day and the ranges are a perfect spot for hiking and cycling.

Pingback: https://cruxrebels.wordpress.com/2014/12/24/melbourne-the-place-to-be-see/

Wish you and your blog a happy new year! :D

sneha v said...

What an amazing country !! Frankly, I have seen and heard a little about Australia it's cities, but seeing it through these videos makes me WANT to visit these places a lot more. Truly mesmerizing !! My next international vacation is no doubt AUSTRALIA. I loved each and every place for its own individuality, amazingness, beauty, culture and all other good reasons. But I would like to be slightly partial and pick a few favourites, like for instance, “The Great Ocean Road”, I can very much imagine going for a drive on that road, the scenery is to die-for, I am completely a beach and ocean/sea person by heart, this drive will be memory for life. I was also impressed by “The Queen Victoria Market”, I am a shopaholic and foodie by nature, I also believe that when visiting a country or city, you must visit the local markets, because that is where you get to experience their true culture and products. I also make it a point to shop whether I need or not but to have something for memory, this market seems to be perfect for that. I got super excited seeing “The Puffing Billy”, I thought steam engines where ‘extinct’, it is so cool that even after 100 years they have maintained it so well and in a working condition. A ride on that train would be so much fun and memorable. Another cute favourite of mine is “The Penguin Parade”, I think penguins are the more adorable creature on Earth, building houses for them to nestle and lay eggs is really a great thing to see and would never want to miss this opportunity. I hope to to visit this beautiful country soon.

Sneha
viswanath.sneha03@gmail.com

Hemaaa said...

Wonderful post and interesting videos that make me feel that
Melbourne invites the eternal romantic in me to hold hands with my beloved and go see the Twelve Apostles .Go on long drives on the great ocean road. In the middle of nowhere in a vineyard spread a table and enjoy a meal and a glass of wine with my dear one. Enjoy the sunsets holding hands and do lots of shopping at the Queen Victoria Market and see all the graffiti being created at the hosier lane.
Great Post and interesting videos watching them I am sure to visit Sovereign Hill for spending some time in the era gone by. The lure of gold and panning for some nuggets is a temptation that is too much to resist. After I have found the gold I am bound to celebrate it with some wine so I will visit the vineyards and enjoy some great wine from the Yarra region .Visit the Pannys Phillip Island Chocolate Factory and have my fill with this yummy delight.
therisingstarz.blogspot.in/2014/12/melbourne-selfie-capital-of-australia.html
http://goo.gl/ByJqvP
therisingstarz.blogspot.in
http://goo.gl/59Omjz

Ranjith said...

I would like to visit the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) which is located in Yarra Park. Cricket has fancied me since childhood. I still remember those days when the elders in my neighbourhood used to start shouting and hunting for us the moment the cricket ball hit by me broke one of their window panes. Running away from them was even more exciting than playing cricket itself.

I used to follow every cricket match played by India religiously and used to analyse and discuss it with friends and siblings for days and months. Being such an enthusiastic fan of cricket, visiting one of the world’s largest cricket stadiums is one of my dreams.

The thought of being seated amongst 95,000 other fans of cricket and cheering the players itself sounds exciting to me. Such large cricket stadiums are one of the ways to explore how much the passion for cricket has penetrated among the people of the world. MCG is located in Yarra Park, which also has many other sporting fields. This would allow me to explore not just cricket, but also many other games.

- Ranjith (http://www.alightheartedtalk.com)

preethitimes said...


I watched all the videos where Rohan and Tanmay enjoying Melbourne and the breathtaking places. The one place which it caught my attention is "Seal Watching Cruise" which is just amazing and I would definitely love to visit the place once in a lifetime. The Seals are so cute to watch and lovely.

Shreya at Jumbodium said...

Melbourne is a beautiful place I have ever seen. I have worked there for 2 years and enjoyed a lot. Lovely post. Loved reading the experience. Thank u for sharing. Keep posting with more of such.

Hemaaa said...

Hi
My email id is hemmma09@gmail.com
in case you decide me as a winner